Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Product Review: Grain Berry Bran Flakes

This is only my second product review, but I was recently introduced to this cereal and I really like it- enough to want to tell you about it!

Grain Berry Bran Flakes®


how I like to enjoy them


I'd actually seen it in the cereal aisle a couple of times before Paul decided to go and buy it for us because he found it on sale one week. I was afraid it might taste like cardboard like so many other bran flakes tend to, but these are actually quite flavorful in a rich and hearty sort of way. They even have a delicate sweetness and just enough crunch.

The box boasts that it is full of antioxidants, having "oz. for oz. more antioxidants than blueberries, pomegranate juice, or red wine." As most of us know, antioxidants are very beneficial in a number of ways, including keeping the heart healthy, fighting cancer-causing free radicals and supporting the immune system. What makes this cereal particularly different from other bran flakes is that the flakes are made from grain berries, a plant which contains all the extra antioxidizing benefits. Read more about this incredible plant here.  


helping herself


The ultimate taste-test came when I offered Lily a bite. She didn't seem to be too thrilled at first, but then asked for seconds! She especially liked them when I added fresh berries to the mix. We enjoyed them with my favorite new milk, Blue Diamond Almond-Coconut Milk® (another review I should do!). 




Since getting hooked on the Bran Flakes, we have also enjoyed the Grain Berry Toasted Oats® and Honey Nut® , respectively. 


Some of the vitamins and minerals the Bran Flakes contain:
  • Iron
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin C
  • Vitamin B6
  • Folate
  • Zinc


Pick up a box today! They were recently on sale 2 for $5 at Shop Rite, so they can be found there for sure. 


*Note: I was not paid or endorsed in any way to write this review. I reviewed this product entirely of my own accord.



3 comments:

  1. Your blog always makes me hungry! Love berries and this looks like perfect breakfast! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your blog is SO great! You eat so healthy, I'm so impressed! And feeling crappy for eating crappy. haha. I can do a lot better on eating healthy, so thanks for the inspiration!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content.

    blueberry benefits for skin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and always want to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...