Friday, November 9, 2012

Sweet Saturday #27: Apple Pie Smoothie

First we had Hurricane Sandy, and now Athena the Nor'easter snow storm! NY/NJ can't get a break! The funniest thing is, today it feels like 60 degrees out and the snow is almost completely melted! Less than 2 days ago it was pouring down on us and causing closings and delays. Those who believe that global warming is bunk are probably having second thoughts right now...

Anyway, let's talk sweet stuff instead. I keep seeing all these yummy recipes for variations on the apple smoothie, and decided it was time I made one myself. Using ingredients I had handy, here is what I came up with, and it turned out really good!

 

Apple Pie Smoothie
(serves 2 large or 4 small)

Ingredients:

1 apple, cored and chopped up (I used Red Delicious)
1 banana
1 cup milk of choice (I used almond-coconut)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp flax powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon + extra for topping

Puree all ingredients in blender. Pour into glass(es). Sprinkle extra cinnamon on top and garnish with apple slice if desired.

What you'll need, plus ground flax seed
Everything about to get blended up!

Alternatively, you could just use vanilla yogurt instead of plain, and don't bother to add the extract. You could also easily substitute the apple for pumpkin and make it a pumpkin pie smoothie! Ooo...I know what I'm trying next..!

 
This is a new favorite for sure. A treat your entire family will love. Apples are so good for you, they're full of so many nutrients like vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, healthy sugars, and so much more. We are all familiar with the old saying: "an apple a day, keeps the doctor away"- it's probably true! They're so versatile and easy to cook/bake/create with!
Make a batch of this smoothie for visiting guests that you don't have time to bake for!


Now, as I said before, Hurricane Sandy totally knocked me off my A game for a bit (and also knocked out my internet for about a week!), so forgive me if I didn't get to thank you for joining our last Sweet Saturday, or if I responded very tardily. I do my best to visit every link posted, but sometimes work and being a mommy/homemaker catches up with me, and my time runs out. I don't know how people who get over 200 links posted to their blog hop parties manage to get through it all! I wonder if they even do...?


And although I didn't make time this week to arrange for a guest hostess, I did check to see whose links had the most visits, in continuance with our fall theme. Here they are!


Earning My Cape's scrumptious-looking Pumpkin Roll recipe was our most-clicked overall! I think you can see why! Thanks, Susie!


Wow, just wow. Look at that slice of pie! Jazzy Gourmet's Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse Pie looks too good to be true! Thanks, Sherry!


Yet another delicious pumpkin-inspired recipe took third place in most-visited links. Jen's Favorite Cookies' recipe inspired my Pumpkin S'mores Cookies from 2 weeks ago, and now she is sharing these tasty looking no-bake treats. Thanks, Jen!

Most clicked-on honorable mentions:

Rich Chocolate Cake from Something Sweet

I'm doing something a little different and placing my featured button right on the post instead of emailing it, so grab a button if you were featured today!
 
Photobucket

Thanks to everyone who joined last time! Welcome all new party-goers! I can't wait to finally go through all the links from our last party and get a closer look- everything looks really amazing! Now, on to the party!


Just follow these simple rules:


1. Link up something sweet to really WOW us all- your blog, Etsy store, Pinterest, Facebook, whatever you want! 
2. Link-up as much as you want and please follow me and if you are not already. Leave me a comment if you are a new follower so I can follow you back!
3. Don't forget to hop around and say hi!
4. Share my button to get more people to join us (not required, but it would be nice!)

Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby

Thanks for stopping by, this little get together really makes the weekend even more enjoyable for me, and gives me the encouragement to keep my little blog going :) 
 

19 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind. I didn't post a fall post but one I think is important to pass on in the wake of Sandy that has devastated a large portion of this country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is more than fine, Sandy. You can post whatever you like, the fall-theme is just a suggestion. Thank you for sharing, it is important to spread the news of Sandy, as you know I can personally attest that it is a subject not to be ignored. Thanks for linking up :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Jessica! All these look yummy! :p

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The east coast just can't catch a break lately! Hopefully everything will settle down for you guys soon. Your smoothie looks delicious! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look so yummy! I'm a new follower from the Aloha Affair. Hope you'll come and visit. http://angela-mommytimeout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple Pie Smoothie. Comfort foodies all in a glass. Exactly when our country does need comfort food right now, prayers sent to all victims of Hurricane Sandy.

    Thank you for hosting:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you survived the storms well. I'm exhausted and I'm still doing laundry after not having power for a week.
    Thanks for sharing your very seasonal smoothie on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the yummy features & for hosting, & God bless! Praying for all in the path of the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious & healthy smoothie! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful smoothie! And I must admit it's been a loooooooong time since I've made a smoothie :)
    I hope you are all aving a quite weekend and that the weather is better!

    Thanks for the party

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your smoothie looks delicious. I hope the weather turns around for you for a long time and you can get back to "normal" Thanks for another great party.
    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks so GOOD! I love the apple slice garnish. Sometimes I add oatmeal to my smoothies, but blend really well...kinda like an apple crumble smoothie.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank so much for linking up with us at an aloha affair! so happy to have you. have a great week-end!
    www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, new follower from Bloggy Moms! I am new to blogging so don't have anything sweet to link as of yet and am looking forward to your recipes! Theresa
    http://shewaddleslikeaduck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Jessica!
    Thanks for your kind email.
    And thank you for considering my blog for your post next week. I would be honored !!!
    Many many regards,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jessica, thanks so much for featuring my recipe! I am so thrilled. Have a great week!

    Sherry K-Jazzy Gourmet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for featuring my Pumpkin Roll!!!
    How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a great idea for a smoothie. I think I will give it a try this weekend.


    It’s time for Merry Merry Munchies 2012. I’d love for you to come link up and check out the giveaways. http://diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com/2012/11/2012-merry-merry-munchies-1-sugared-nuts.html
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and always want to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...