Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Handprint Christmas Tree

Today I'm sharing a very simple and fun project for kids of any age to do. I got the original idea for this from Earning My Cape


All you have to do is trace your child's hand onto a sheet of green construction paper, then cut it out. Use the handprint to trace 5 more hands, so you then have 6 total. Next, glue the handprints onto a separate piece of construction paper into the shape of a tree like in the picture below. You can add a trunk with marker, or by cutting out a rectangle shape out of brown paper. Have your kiddo add decorations such as stickers, pom-poms, small pieces of paper, foam shapes, etc. to the tree, then put a star on top. Very easy and kids ages 2-12 should have fun with this. Younger children will obviously need assistance with the glue and scissors. 



Lily and I started making some new glittery bell ornaments last night, but she wasn't really into it, so we'll try again tonight or tomorrow, depending on how she's feeling. Here's a little sneak peek of how far we got before she had enough of the glitter glue:


Other than crafts and such, I've been busy making cookies to give as gifts, finishing last minute Christmas shopping, and getting the house ready for the little holiday party we're having Sunday. I've also been a bit under the weather- courtesy of Lily's sickness last week, most likely -but, I'm holding it down and drowning my yuckiness with vitamins, tea, hot soup, and healing herbs propolis and echinacea. I'm excited for the holidays and that's all I can really focus on at this time! I'll have something up for Sweet Saturday this week, so please come on back Friday! I won't be doing a Meatless Monday link-up Monday, but may share a Christmasy post just to wish you all happy holidays :)

 

7 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I shared your post on my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/kidcrossingbarefoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there any better word in life than "glitter"???
    im following back and came by to visit ya- have a greta day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved doing Christmas tree decor made out of handprints growing up. It's a right of passage for kids I think. They did a great job on theirs!! I love LOVE the sparkle bell ornaments. Glitter makes everything better!

    I hope you're having a great week my dear!
    Thank you so much for linking up to last week's Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I'm following you.

    If you have time, we'd love to have you come and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already! We are hosting a great giveaway too which is a wonderful opportunity to give some extra exposure to you lovely blog. Come and link up, enter the giveaway and celebrate the coming weekend with us!

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  4. we still have those hand Christmas trees from 20 yrs ago!! they have been a Christmas decoration staple!!!
    Happy New Yr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I have recently been looking for info about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far.
    But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source? 강남안마
    (mm)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and always want to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...